Effective Date: May 12, 2011
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach us via postal mail at the following address:
Gluten-Free Saver, LLC
Attention: Chad Hines
P.O. Box 9055
Mission Viejo, CA 92690
2. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Gluten-Free Saver.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of offers you might like. This includes lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of deals that interest you, information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with Gluten-Free Saver, such as the promotions that you view, purchase and redeem; other information about how you use our Sites, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Gluten-Free Saver merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Financial Account Information as needed to process payments for promotions that you buy, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
3. How Gluten-Free Saver Collects Personal Information
We ask you for Personal Information (including Contact Information, Relationship Information, and Financial Account Information) when you register, subscribe, create an account, purchase promotions, or otherwise interact with the Sites or contact Gluten-Free Saver.
We also collect Transaction Information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication for customer service purposes.
We may receive additional Personal Information from third parties. We may use this Personal Information to enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and to otherwise enhance the Sites or Gluten-Free Saver services.
4. How Gluten-Free Saver Uses Personal Information
Gluten-Free Saver uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Sites;
- Provide customers with promotions for products and services from participating merchants, including promotions based on variables such as stated and anticipated customer interests, personal characteristics, or location;
- Facilitate orders for savings vouchers, including their purchase and redemption;
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain promotions, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of promotions, products or services that may be of interest to customers;
- Track redemption of savings vouchers and perform other analytics;
- Provide customer support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Gluten-Free Saver and our merchants and business partners, such as news, special promotions and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Allow you to sign up for special offers from third parties through the Site.
5. When and Why Gluten-Free Saver Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Gluten-Free Saver and it s owners) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
- Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Merchants, but only to the extent you have purchased or redeemed a savings voucher offered by the merchant, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through Gluten-Free Saver on behalf of the merchant. We may also provide merchants with Personal Information about the individuals who have purchased the merchants’ promotions, to send customized offers, to validate the purchases, to aid and troubleshoot redemption, to combat fraud, as part of legal proceedings affecting Gluten-Free Saver and the merchant, and to facilitate a direct relationship between merchants and customers and enable merchants to communicate electronically with customers who purchased the merchants’ promotions .
- Gluten-Free Saver business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Gluten-Free Saver and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to Gluten-Free Saver from a business partner's website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Gluten-Free Saver business partner, Gluten-Free Saver may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between Gluten-Free Saver and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you.
- Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- We encourage Gluten-Free Saver Merchants and business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
6. Cookies and Related Technologies
7. Your IP Address
We may occasionally collect and store your IP address. This helps us diagnose problems with our servers, administer our site, gather non-personally identifying information about our users, and detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
8. Referring Friends to Gluten-Free Saver
Gluten-Free Saver enables you to refer friends to Gluten-Free Saver. You may be eligible to receive rewards in the form of credits (available for use toward future promotion purchases) or to earn other benefits for referring friends (subject to Terms and Conditions for referring a friend and details available on our Sites). Gluten-Free Saver does not collect Personal Information about the persons with whom you share your link until the persons click the link and engage directly with Gluten-Free Saver.
9. How to access and update your personal information
Although we take reasonable steps to ensure that all data we use is accurate, we depend on our users to update or correct their personally identifying information whenever necessary. We make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personally identifying information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
10. Notice to California Residents
13. Facebook Connect
If you are not currently registered as a Gluten-Free Saver user and you use the Site’s Facebook connection functions, you will first be asked to enter your Facebook credentials and then be given the option to register and join Gluten-Free Saver. Once you register with Gluten-Free Saver and connect with Facebook, you will be able to automatically post recent Gluten-Free Saver activity back to your Facebook wall. Please refer to the privacy settings in your Facebook account to manage the performance of your Facebook account.
Gluten-Free Saver does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If we determine that any content has been uploaded to the Sites by someone under the age of 13, it will be removed. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, please ask your parent’s permission before using the Sites. Some promotions may be subject to further age limitations.